Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Motivation...or lack there of.

I have been in a rut lately. A huge one. The internet defines motivation as an incentive or reason for doing something. It seems lately I can't find any...at all. I have completely slacked off in my class and it isn't even a hard class to take. The subject matter is pretty easy...just a lot of reading. The last 2 semesters my heart just hasn't been in it. I want to and need to finish my degree, I just can't find the motivation I had when I started back to school in the Fall of 2009. My house is a wreck. I've never been a super clean freak, but it was always decent. I wouldn't be embarrassed to have people over. Right now, I'd have to spend a good full day cleaning before I'd let someone step foot in the front door. It isn't like it is disgusting, just cluttered and dusty. I have hoarding tendancies, but mostly with canned goods...so my house isn't waist deep in sale ads from 1997 or anything...don't want you getting the wrong idea. :-). Besides school and housework what has taken a huge hit from my lack of motivation is my running...and for some reason that bothers me the most. By this time last year I had accumulated 25.64 more miles in training than I have today, and that was with a month off due to an injury. For the year 2009 I had a total of 441.57 miles. I'm not sure I'll hit that mark for 2010...I know I won't beat it at the rate I'm going. I'm lost as to how to get my mojo back. I'm not sure how I lost it. All I know is I want to find my motivation again...and quick! What do I do?

4 comments:

  1. You aren't alone. I've started and stopped everything. Do you have someone that can push you? I'm a good nag. The best!

    If it makes you feel any better, you are one of my motivators for wanting to go back to school. I know a lot of people going back, and I want to be like them. I'm starting in the Spring. Here's your pedestal. Stand on it proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is a great nag. ;)

    And, she's right, maybe you need someone to push you. Last night when I had no desire to run, I got a stern reminder that I had a race in 4 days. It helped get me out the door.

    Accountability. I'd be happy to make you feel guilty for not doing what you need to do! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies are awesome. Feel free to push away and bring on the guilt trips...maybe that is what it'll take. CatDog is no use...he'd rather I skip studying & running to lay on the couch with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Injection of motivation on the way...Palo Duro! woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete