Monday, July 11, 2011

The smell of disappointment...

I reek of it. I am so disappointed in myself lately from my lack of motivation and general laziness...especially when it comes to my running. I had regsitered for the DRC Independence Day 10k and on race day downgraded to the 5k. I did the same thing yesterday at the Too Hot To Handle 15k...race day I downgraded to the 5k. Why? It was hot, yes. And I know I do not run well in the heat. I haven't ran much this summer at all due to said heat. But those are excuses. It is WAY too easy for me to talk myself out of running. How can I get in to a better mind set to do better about my running? All the weight I've lost over the last couple of years I've put back on. Great. I've completely given up on Weight Watchers. I do not have the best DNA handed down to me...I know this. I know I need to be healthy and take care of myself. Yet, I haven't been. And when I think about it I get disappointed in myself...I know I can & should do better. I've just been in a rut and can't seem to get out. I want to...I just don't. How do I fix this???

2 comments:

  1. Get back on the saddle! You'll be more motivated once it cools off again...we all get in a bit of a slump over the summer. why don't you start planning for your "fall comeback" now? Decide when you're gonna run (and crosstrain, for an injury-free season) and when you're gonna do weight watchers again, what days you'll plan your meals and shop based on your time availability/schedule, etc and what one bad dietary habit you want to break (IME, changing too many things at once leads to not sticking with the changes..one thing is easier). ready? set....GO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yeah, and I would not have run the 15K Sunday either w/ out having had any long runs over the summer. and, I didn't. :) Take of yourself. Changing to the 5K was a smart thing to do in that situation. You would have been sick from the heat, cramping, and re-injured your achilles. Better safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete