Friday, July 13, 2012

Update on my dad

I figured this would be the easiest way to update everyone on my dad's current condition. So here it goes:

Long story short dad has an infection in his foot that has be partially amputated and never healed 100% from 2 years ago in the bone and the surrounding tissue. It has spread into the blood, making him sepsiss (sp?) (blood poisoning). This is in turn affecting his congestive heart failure causing fluid to build up in/around his heart & lungs causing him to require oxygen to breathe and is also affecting his kidneys. This totally explains the symptoms he has been having the last few days. He can't stay awake/coherent/alert, can't stand or walk because he is too weak. He can't really talk, he just mumbles. So the plan is surgery today to remove the infected bone & tissue and continue IV antibiotics. The hope is that this will clear up the blood infection & his heart & kidneys will improve. I'm sure I am leaving something out, but that is the jest of it.

Please send healing & positive vibes that he will pull through this and can go back home. My dad has been through so much these last few years health wise. He is a fighter and I can only hope he can regain enough strength to fight through this. And any hugs you wanna send my way are appreciated too :-)

I want to thank all of you for the support. Please, please know it is MUCH appreciated. I love you all! And a very special thank you to Zak for the phone chat & letting me cry it out. I am the strong one in my family, but sometimes I need someone to lean on too and I'm so glad you answered the phone when I called. :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment