Thursday, June 17, 2010

My friends...

I am going to take a quick minute to say thank you to my friends for always being there for me and loving me no matter what. For helping me see that I do not give myself enough credit and that I shouldn't settle for 2nd best. I have the greatest friends in the world and I am so blessed. Sometimes I feel like I could never repay them, but they know I would do anything for them. I would like to tell you a little about each one.

First there is Angie. I have known this woman since I was around 8 years old. So 25 years or so. My family moved in across the street from her when I was in 2nd grade. Angie is 2 years older than me, but her mom made her play with me anyway since I didn't know anyone. LOL. I remember my brother would ALWAYS pick on me and for the most part she'd defend me. But sometimes I was the little sister she didn't have...chasing me around with a basket full of Locust KNOWING I'm deathly afraid of bugs...LOL. Then of course there was the teasing and picking on me...I'd take my toys and go home...but I always came back. As we got older & matured, so did our friendship. I moved away to Dickinson, she spent the summer with me. After I graduated high school I spent the summer with her, she had just had her daughter. Then I moved back to Dallas & she welcomed me into her home. I will never forget that. It eventually took a toll on friendship and we didn't speak for a couple of years. But true friends never really leave. I thought and worried about her everyday. I wanted nothing but happiness for her. Then a friend of ours got us together...and the rest was history. Angie is the one person I know on this earth I can tell absolutely ANYTHING to and she will not judge or discriminate. She will only say her opinion and offer support. So to Angie...you are the sister God and fate forgot to give me. I love you...and your family. And I thank you for welcoming me into you house & family with open arms.

Then there is Zak and Dustin. Both of whom I could not do without! They are special to me for so many reasons. I met Zak through our friend Kelli. The minute I met him I knew we'd be friends. He is full of talent (have you seen his photography?) and knowledge...I wish I had a pinky full of some of it...Zak has such a giving heart; he'd do anything for someone he loves. We have spent so many days & nights on my couch vegging out watching movies...or playing Phase 10. He is so open minded and non-judgmental, it feels good knowing I can confide in him. I wouldn't give him up for anything and I only hope we are friends for the rest of our days. He has the greatest family whom I love to pieces. His mom is a hoot when she does Jell-O shots...LOL! He has moved to St. Louis to be with his partner Will (who is also VERY special to me) and even though I do not get to see him as much as I’d like, I know he is happy and that is all that matters to me. Zak, thank you so much for being my friend. For hanging out with me, keeping me company, and most of all for just being you...the wonderful, amazing, talented, and beautiful person you are.

I met Dustin through Zak. I had seen him on Zak's MySpace page before...but met him in person at the Hideaway while Zak was bartending there. He popped in for a drink and we chatted a bit. I don't remember what we talked about; I just remember laughing...a lot! We chatted on MySpace a bit, and then met for a happy hour one day. It was down hill from there. Dustin is a great friend to have. We are alike in so many ways it’s scary. You can never be with him and NOT have a great time. He sees humor in everything. And he is a great writer...you should check out his blogs! He had moved to Seattle for a while, which took a toll on me. I missed him. But, I knew the new job and new town is what he needed at the time. I am so glad he is back in DFW! I want nothing but the best for him. Anyone that can call him a friend is a very lucky person. He'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. So Dustin, even though you're back in the Big D and traveling all the time for work, you are still so very special to me. I am blessed to have your friendship. I miss you, but know you are the Weizer to my Clarie and I look forward to us being crazy old cat ladies together!

I have made some new friends over the last year or so and love the diversity each of them brings to our friendship. My DRC ladies…I could NOT have made it through the past 2 training seasons without you. You all were there for me when my relationship ended and helped me run out the sadness and tears every Saturday morning, Tuesday & Wednesday nights. The Tuesday runs at Nirisha’s with dinner to follow were life savers for me at the time. You helped me see I am completely capable of doing amazing things on my own! I enjoyed seeing all of us accomplish our training goals and am looking forward to the fall training season with all of you again! To my newer friends Stacy, Melissa and Amy…you girls are awesome and so much fun to be with. Thank you to Stacy for willing to run the Katy Trail and the Cowtown Half with me at a slower pace than she is used to just to push me and make me hit my goals. And thank you always having an open ear & heart when I'd doubt myself. I hope I can repay the favor someday. And thank you for willing to try & teach me to really swim and making me think one day I may do a triathlon! You never know! Thank you Amy for always being up for girl’s night at my house and being there to listen when I need it. I am happy to return the favor anytime you need it. Melissa…we’ve hung out a lot lately and I enjoy every minute of it! You remind me of myself in so many ways and are always there to listen & cheer me up if needed. I love our volleyball games and sailing on the weekends! I am glad you are my person, that you are my Christina Yang. I hope our friendship continues to grow. Let's hug it out!

2 comments:

  1. I heart you...let's hug it out! I'm so glad we met and became friends. I needed someone to share my crazy with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tisha I love you too! I dreamed about your parents coming to the pool for a BBQ last night, how random is that??? I'll always be there for you and you know that. Today was def a day I needed some sweet words so thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete